We have moved to http://www.XPrizeNews.org.
Monday, June 14, 2004
Pablo De León & Associates: Team Information Update
Pablo De León & Associates released a PDF file.
- In january 2002 we flew the first latin american payload in the U.S. Space Shuttle Endeavour carrying 7 experiments to the International Space Station (I.S.S.).
- X Prize vehicle details:
LAUNCH METHOD: Vertical launch
PROPULSION: Hybrid (Liquid/solid) rockets
LANDING METHOD: Parachute landing system
- Several High Altitude Balloons test were performed during 2001/2002 from the Patagonia
GPS Positioning, and telemetry was transmitted to Earth every second.
Capsule flights were recorded in real time video and the images transmitted to Earth.
- Research in life support systems
Partial Pressure space suit, Thermal Protection Coverall
Space suit tested in high alttitude and thermal chamber.
- Research in life support systems.
- Space suit tested in high alttitude glider flights.
- A half scale rocket launch test took place in may 2003 with a total loss of the vehicle.
- Now, static tests of an improved propulsion system are taking place, and a new test flight with capsule recovery will be performed in september 2004
Read More + Pictures: http://www.spacecongress.org/2004/Panel-5/5DeLeon.pdf (PDF Adobe Acrobat File)
Archives: Latest News | April 2003 | May 2003 | June 2003 | July 2003 | August 2003 | September 2003 | October 2003 | November 2003 | December 2003 | January 2004 | February 2004 | March 2004 | April 2004 | May 2004 | June 2004 | July 2004 | Site Feed